The Town of Trade Lake

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Resources FAQ Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I get my dog license?
Contact the Treasurer, Patsy Tucker (see About)

When are taxes due?
The first installment (if your total is over $100) is due January 31 and payable to the Trade Lake Town Treasurer, Patsy Tucker (see about). The second installment is due July 31 and is payable to the Burnett County Treasurer. The address for the County Treasurer is:
Burnett County Treasurer
7410 County Rd. K # 101
Siren, WI 54872

Who should I call if I find a stray dog?

Contact Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc. at (715) 866-4096

Where are the meeting dates and times published?
All meetings are posted at the Town Hall, The Trade Lake Valley Store and Bass Lake Lumber.  Those requiring publishing are published in the Inter-County Leader and the Indianhead Advertiser. We will also have this information on this web site.

Do I need a building permit in Trade Lake?
Yes. Trade Lake does not give out the permits. You will need to contact Dennis Quinn of North Lakes Mechanical Consulting Services, Inc.  at (715) 866-0148 or PO Box 107, Webster, WI  54893-0107.

A permit is also required for installation of driveways. The Driveway Permit is issued by the Clerk of the Town of Trade Lake (see About), and can be downloaded or printed here.

Am I allowed to burn in Trade Lake?
From March 1 thru June 15 burning is restricted to after 6:00 pm only without a permit. July 1 thru February 28 there are no restrictions for burning.  If the DNR has posted High fire danger no burning is allowed in Trade Lake at any time.

Where do I vote?
At the Town Hall located on Town Hall Road across from the Town Shop.

Where do I take articles for recycling?
Place: Next to the Town Shop, on Town Hall Rd.
Time: Every Saturday (no Holidays) from 9:00am - 2:00 pm

Feel free to Email us, or see other contact information.

Pay Online

This link goes to an external page:

Trade Lake Tax Payment

For assistance, call 888-891-6064; select option 2.

town hall
Trade Lake Town Hall, built in 1890, is the oldest active town hall in Wisconsin.